Then He said, “Throw out your net on the right-hand side of the boat, and you’ll get some!” So they did, and they couldn’t haul in the net because there were so many fish in it. (John 21:6, NLT)
There is a true story about the marketing director of a large food brokerage company in the upper Midwest. He could not understand why sales at one particular store in his region plunged every winter. He studied his product line and interviewed customers. He did everything possible to uncover the mystery. Finally, someone made a remarkable discovery that changed everything.
When it became cold outside, the manager of the store raised the store’s inside temperature. When customers came into the store it was too warm for them, so they removed their coats and placed them in their shopping carts. This meant less room for food and resulted in reduced sales. Consequently, the store owner lowered the temperature of the store, and as a result, sales climbed back to the levels they were accustomed to.
There is another true story about Peter and a few disciples that were having trouble catching fish. Jesus yelled from the shoreline asking if they had caught anything. They had not. He then suggested they cast their line on the other side of the boat. Without knowing that it was Jesus who was addressing them, they took His advice. Soon they began catching so many fish they could not bring them all into the boat.
Adjusting our lives to God is the first thing we need to do to experience Him in our daily lives. For some, it is simply following the advice of those above us. For others, it may require a major change in our job situation. Still, for others it could mean making changes in relationships. Whatever the case, you can be sure that until we adjust our lives to God we will not receive His full blessing. Ask Him today where you need to make adjustments so you can come closer to Him and find the peace and love that only He can give!
Enjoy your day, “Working for Christ”!
- Political Correctness (blessedaaron08.wordpress.com)
- Plan for the Unexpected! (work4christ.wordpress.com)
- The Biggest Catch – Luke 5:9-11 (stevesbiblemeditations.com)
- The Fishing Net (Matthew 13:47-50) (jimsamuel.wordpress.com)
- Calm the Storm (bongodogblog.com)
- missing the boat (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)
- An encounter with the Miracle Man, Jesus. (chauy678.wordpress.com)
- Do You Love Me?… (beardedhac.wordpress.com)
- Which Side of the Boat Do You Fish From (unctionsofthespirit.com)
- Os Hillman, Marketplace Leaders (marketplaceleaders.org)